The Cancer Support Nurse provides specific support to people with cancer and their families.
The service is free and the nurse is available to meet with you at Gippsland Lakes Community Health or in your home. The nurse can:
- Discuss your feelings and concerns as identified by you
- Provide understanding, encouragement and emotional support
- Discuss self care options
- Provide links to medical services.
- Provide a range of resources on cancer and related topics
- Provide information about the Living with Cancer Education Group
- Provide practical support and guidance when accessing services that will enable you to overcome barriers to treatment options (eg transport, accommodation)
- Establish links with the Lakes Entrance Cancer Support Group if you wish to make contact with other people who have been touched by cancer
Who can use the service?
People living with cancer, their family, friends and carers.